Autor Thema: basal/bolus tracking  (Gelesen 2577 mal)

Offline badkarma0007

basal/bolus tracking
« am: Januar 27, 2006, 14:22 »
hello all,

I have the One Touch Ultra Smart meter and I'm taking Lantus (basal) and Novolog (bolus) insulin. I decided to take a lot of control with my meter by telling it I take 3 types of insulin, Lantus, NovCORR, and NovCARB (the two nov insulins are novolog but i want to be more precise so i made those names up). I wanted to be able to track how many units of novolog i take for corrections and how many i take for meals instead of only seeing one number.  It seems the One Touch Ultra software is able to differentiate the Novolog (novocorr and novocarb) stuff but the sidiary is having a problem with all three insulins. For starters, I went to profile and selected Lantus as the basalinsulin and novocarb and novocorr as the bolusinsulin and clicked save. I sync the meter with the software and instead of putting the lantus entry on the basal line und BG-GRID screen it puts it on the bolus line. As for the two types of novolog (for basal), i see two different colums under a certain time but when i move the mouse over the number it shows that both are novocorr instead of one number being novocarb and the other novocorr.

Hope this makes sense....

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: basal/bolus tracking
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 27, 2006, 15:17 »
Hi,

there's an easy solution for this problem: Please open the One Touch Ultra Smart driver from the main screen of SiDiary. Go to the settings tab and click on the OTUS-settings button. On this settings screen you can assign the current OTUS insulin types to the SiDiary types... :)

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline badkarma0007

« Antwort #2 am: Januar 27, 2006, 18:24 »
Thank you that was it.... with all those columns it isn't very intuitive but I got it thank you. However in the BG-grid window, some values have a astrix i.e. 4*. Why? What does the mean?

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 27, 2006, 20:11 »
With this asterix you can see weather the number was tracked for insulin/pill type 1 (without asterix) or insulin/pill type 2 (with asterix)... :ja:
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit