Autor Thema: Sync problems using Axim x50v + AS4.1  (Gelesen 3808 mal)

Offline phendric

Sync problems using Axim x50v + AS4.1
« am: Februar 20, 2006, 16:45 »
Hi all,

I downloaded the most recent demo version of SiDiary from the website a couple of days ago and installed on both my desktop and PPC.  Data entry is quite rapid, which makes entries at the time of checking glucose or injecting myself easier.

However, the sync engine does not work.  I own an Axim x50v, running WM2003 (SE) and have Active Sync 4.1 installed on my PC.  First, I have to manually tell SiDiary to sync when my PPC is attached to its cradle, and then, when I do, all that happens is that data on my PPC gets erased, with no data transfer at all.   :mauer:  :'( .

Then, even worse, suddenly this morning, as I was starting this post, I wanted to see which version of SiDiary I have, and when I tried to run it, I got the message:

"There is no application associated with 'SiDiary'.  Run the application first, then open this file from within the application."

What's going on with both these problems?

Thanks,
Phillip

Offline Joerg Moeller

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Ohana heißt "Familie"...
    • Diabetesinfo
  • Diabetestyp: DM 1
  • Therapie: Insulin-Pumpe
Re: Sync problems using Axim x50v + AS4.1
« Antwort #1 am: Februar 20, 2006, 21:36 »
I guess SiDiary isn't properly installed on your PPC or some file is damaged or missing. Please reinstall it, then it should work again.

Your Sync-Problem may be caused by ActiveSync itself. I suggest to do the following:

Install it on your PPC's storage card. Then go to this folder and create a subfolder ( 'data' or something like that).

Then run SiDiary on your Windows-PC, go to the settings and click on the settings-button. There you can enter the directory, where SiDiary is installed on your PPC and also the data-folder. Then the sync should work without problems.
Meine Seite über Diabetes: http://www.diabetesinfo.de/
Meine Facebook-Seite: https://www.facebook.com/Diabetesinfo.de/

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #2 am: Februar 21, 2006, 08:04 »
Hi Phillip,

perhaps the information of this page http://www.sidiary.org/default.asp?id=172 can help you too.

The reason for the error message 'There is no application associated with 'SiDiary'.  Run the application first, then open this file from within the application."' is that some dlls which are "hosting" the SiDiary.evb file were either deinstalled (by another application?) or are currently not registered properly.

Unfortunately the original MS-setup tool for embedded Visual Basic application has a bug inside that is doing such registry mess. The page from above will redirect you to the appropriate FAQ entry at SiDiary.org with more information and also a tool that can repair your system if a simple re-installation does not help...

Regarding the sync issue: Most of sync questions are based on simple configuration problems with a wrong data folder. When the app is running again, please check those settings with Jörg's instructions.

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline phendric

« Antwort #3 am: Februar 21, 2006, 18:24 »
I guess SiDiary isn't properly installed on your PPC or some file is damaged or missing. Please reinstall it, then it should work again.

Your Sync-Problem may be caused by ActiveSync itself. I suggest to do the following:

Install it on your PPC's storage card. Then go to this folder and create a subfolder ( 'data' or something like that).

Then run SiDiary on your Windows-PC, go to the settings and click on the settings-button. There you can enter the directory, where SiDiary is installed on your PPC and also the data-folder. Then the sync should work without problems.

I'll try a re-installation to see if that helps or not.

As to the syncing issue, I originally installed SiDiary to my SD card.  When I looked to set up the syncing from my computer, I saw that it asked for the location of the program file, as well as for a data directory, and almost immediately created a 'data' subdirectory within the program directory.

Or in other words: I already did what you suggested and syncing never worked.

Thanks,
Phillip

Offline phendric

« Antwort #4 am: Februar 21, 2006, 18:28 »
Hi Phillip,

perhaps the information of this page http://www.sidiary.org/default.asp?id=172 can help you too.

The reason for the error message 'There is no application associated with 'SiDiary'.  Run the application first, then open this file from within the application."' is that some dlls which are "hosting" the SiDiary.evb file were either deinstalled (by another application?) or are currently not registered properly.

Unfortunately the original MS-setup tool for embedded Visual Basic application has a bug inside that is doing such registry mess. The page from above will redirect you to the appropriate FAQ entry at SiDiary.org with more information and also a tool that can repair your system if a simple re-installation does not help...

Regarding the sync issue: Most of sync questions are based on simple configuration problems with a wrong data folder. When the app is running again, please check those settings with Jörg's instructions.

Cheers, Alf.

Thanks for the explanation, Alf.  Do you (or the developers) intend to continue using the eVB with SiDiary?  It seems like there are issues with it.

One other thing: I sent some food/nutrition files over to the PDA, but when I click on one of them, none of the nutritional information shows up (just a serving size)!  Is this normal behavior?  If so, that's not too helpful for me, as I need to know how many carbs per serving I'm eating.

Thanks,
Phillip Hendrickson

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #5 am: Februar 21, 2006, 19:37 »
Hi Phillip,

we have already started to migrate the PPC-version to the DotNet-Platform. The current Preview-version is included with the Update-Package at Sidiary.org. This .Net-Version was primarily built to address Windows MObile 5 os but it can also be used with Windows Mobile 2003se.  :)

Regarding the nutrition lookup: Which language settings have you currently configured? (Settings->Language) If the US settings are active, the nutrition should show the gramms of carbs instead of exchanges...

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline mjlaris

« Antwort #6 am: Mai 08, 2006, 01:04 »
I also use an Axin X50v and have had no problems installing or running SiDiary.  I'd uninstall and then reinstall.  One thing, I use ActiveSync 3.8.  There are some differences with the new ActiveSync and this may be what's causing the problem.

Mark