Autor Thema: Get started with nutritions  (Gelesen 6445 mal)

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Get started with nutritions
« am: November 08, 2004, 21:10 »
Hi,

I found that I forgot to tell you in the manual, how to get started with the English nutrition database and how to get it synced to your PPC... :duck:
(How could this ever happen?)  :kratz:

But it's really easy:
Just copy all files from the NutritionEN subfolder or from the seperate NutritionEn.zip-file into SiDiary's nutrition folder.
Then open the nutrition maintenance screen on your desktop computer (it's the burger icon :zwinker:).
Here you should select your favorite nutritions from the database that you want to take away with your mobile (Sync-Checkbox in the last column)

You can also use the "select all" and "deselect all" buttons at the bottom of the screen to select a complete search result or category.

At least hit the sync-icon from within this screen to send the selected data to your Pocket PC.

Weather your PPC processor is kind of rocket or if it's just hard working on easy tasks, you can select more or less nutritions on your mobile device - just a thing of trial ;)

On the desktop nutrition screen you will find also an index bar, which enables you to see all nutritions, all nutritions alphabetically filtered and even all nutritions which are currently selected (or currently not selected) for syncing.

So these buttons, in combination with the type combo, search results and select all/deselect all button should give you a comprehensive tool to select your data for the PPC... :)

After syncing, you will get the burger button automatically on your PPC. :super:

So that's all regarding nutritions so far.

But how about nutritions for other countries?  8)
If you have already some data for your country, able to provide it license-free and want to help other users of your language area, you should get in contact with me ;)

Even another database format shouldn't be a problem: Most of needed conversions can be done with Excel. Just take a look at the first row of the nutrition.dat, producer.dat and type.dat file. You will see: It's really an easy flat file format, which can be filled easily...
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline iegje

Re: Get started with nutritions
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 21, 2005, 22:16 »
I have the problem that I don't have a burgerbutton on my desktop (I have the burger button on my PPC). How can I get this one?
Irene

DM1, disetronic Accu-Chek Spirit pump, Humalog
Acer n10/SPV C500

Offline skjohn8

« Antwort #2 am: Januar 22, 2005, 07:00 »
I had that too, and I think that all I did was create a folder named "nutrition", and placed inside of it the nutrition files from the download page. 

Then my burger icon was there!

Hope this helps!

Offline iegje

« Antwort #3 am: Januar 22, 2005, 10:07 »
I already found the problem. At the duch download page there is a difference between downloadpossibillity 1 and 2, 2 different versions. Use the first one, and install again then there is no problem.

Irene
Irene

DM1, disetronic Accu-Chek Spirit pump, Humalog
Acer n10/SPV C500

Offline Cararoo

« Antwort #4 am: Januar 29, 2005, 03:51 »
I have loaded the nutritions to my desktop and have edited some of the item.  I have put in a few of my own and delete some that I will never use.  I am having an issue getting the info to update to my PPC.  Even if I uncheck all the the sync boxes all of the items end up on the PPC.  Also is there a way to get the carbs to show in the comments when you select something?   :gruebeln:

Offline mitcrellim

« Antwort #5 am: März 29, 2005, 18:42 »
I have a pocket pc and can not get the nutrition data to sync.  I am not sure what to point the PPC-Data-Folder to on my windows client?  I currently have it to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\

and use ActiveSync to sync.  But I keep getting the message that I have to sync the data.  I hit the sync button in the windows client SiDiary and have also resynced my PPC a few times.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim...

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #6 am: März 29, 2005, 20:52 »
Hi Tim,

did you select any nutritions from the nutrition window on the desktop? There is an additional sync button which creates the appropriate files needed for the pocket pc. No need to copy the files manually to any location after getting started with nutritions on the desktop... :)

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit

Offline mitcrellim

« Antwort #7 am: März 29, 2005, 22:02 »
Yes, I selected and checked the boxes to sync the nutritions.  As a test, I cleaned out the nutrition file and have two entries in it.  Since it is small, here it is:

ID;Producer;Type;Description;Unit;CarbsPerUnit;FatPerUnit;ProtPerUnit;GI;PPC;LastChange;
1;@H1;@T24;Austin Cheese Crackers with Peanut Butter;6 crackers;23;10;4;;1;2005.03.29 08:02:07
2;@H1;@T21;Chipotle Flour Tortillas, 13-Inch;1;54;9;9;;1;2005.03.29 10:57:56

I click the sync button after saving and get the message:

On the mobile devices there are now 2 nutritions from the 1 producers in 2 categories available.

This updates/creates 4 files on my laptop in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync" directory:

Type.dat
SiDiaryDataMustRefresh.rem
Producer.dat
Nutrition.dat

I then turn on my pocket pc and connect it to my laptop, it syncs according to ActiveSync.  But whenI then open SiDiary on the pocket PC I get the message that the nutrition database is not on my pocket pc.

That is why I am wondering if the PPC Data Folder is supposed to point directly to the folder on my PPC and if I have to have it connected and turned on for the sync to work?  Or maybe I have something else not set up right.

Many thanks for the help,

Tim...

Offline mitcrellim

« Antwort #8 am: März 30, 2005, 00:36 »
ok, I got it to work.  I checked my Active Sync settings and was not syncing the files.  So I set that up and then put that directory in the SiDiary location.  Now it works.

I am unable to download the SiDiary manual, the English version.  Not sure if that would have helped.

Thanks for getting back to me earlier.

Tim...

Offline mitcrellim

« Antwort #9 am: März 30, 2005, 06:07 »
ok, since I got it working, I have a question.  When I use it on the pocket pc, it doesn't show me any of the nutrition values.  It does on my laptop.

It would be nice if you selected a Carbohydrate cell/grid and then when you hit the food lookup button and selected an item it would add the carbs to that entry, :).

Tim...