Autor Thema: java-mobile compatibility  (Gelesen 4373 mal)

Offline patrik

Re: java-mobile compatibility
« Antwort #10 am: September 30, 2005, 17:24 »
Hi StuPC,
well your phone also support both Java-Bluetooth and File-Access packages. I think, fileaccess will failed, there is a bug in your version. Do you have a Bluetooth-Adapter for your PC? If yes, you have to read sync dokumentation(Synchronisation.doc) that you can find in %SiDiary%\Install\Java mobile folder.
by
patrik
A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new

Offline StuPC

« Antwort #11 am: Oktober 03, 2005, 09:48 »
Hello again.
yes, I have a Bluetooth adaptor (always check the obvious possibilities first, eh? ;) )  And good suggestion, Adrian - but I did install as administrator.
I'll check the sync documentation tonight and see what happens.  Thanks again for the advice.
Stu

Offline StuPC

« Antwort #12 am: Oktober 04, 2005, 16:27 »
 >:(  No joy.  The PC spent about 10 minutes going through the various COM ports (up to number 8) but never managed to connect to the SiDiary program on my mobile (which was connected via the USB connection).

I tried again with the Bluetooth, but although my PC and my phone definitely were connected the SiDiary refuses to acknowledge it.

Do you have any ideas why my PC version of SiDiary keeps telling me that I don't have the synch software module installed whenever I click on the SiDiary synchronisation icon?  Is this a bug in the software??  It doesn't even try to connect to the phone, just instantly comes up with the same message every time...

Thanks for your ongoing help with this issue.
Best,
Stu

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
« Antwort #13 am: Oktober 10, 2005, 23:28 »
Hi,

maybe there's a misunderstanding regarding the sync for Java mobiles? The Smartsync-component does all sync work for Windows devices. The Java devices cannot be connected with ActiveSync (which is the underlying layer for SiDiary's Smartsync).

The message could have the reason that your system does not contain the msvbvm60.dll (i.e. Win98 doesn't have it by default). You could either add this file to your system directory or update SiDiary with the current package from the download-updates section. BUT this message has absolutely no influence on the Java sync, which needs to be started from the device import button.

If you have installed and configured the bluetooth incoming connection from your mobile correctly you should have assigned a specific com port number. So from that point you can select this com port directly within the Java mobile driver...

Do you have established the bluetooth connection as an incoming com connection as described in the document?

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit