Autor Thema: Problem with importing data from OneTouch Ultra  (Gelesen 2435 mal)

Offline afavtos

Problem with importing data from OneTouch Ultra
« am: Juli 12, 2005, 01:17 »
Hi there,

I've just installed the unregistered version of SiDiary (5.0.556) in my WinXP Pro machine. I am intending to make it work with my OneTouch Ultra meter and to synchronise my data with a Sony Ericsson P900. I have properly installed the programme in both my computer and my mobile (I hope).

I've tried to import the data from my OneTouch Ultra meter, but it stops half way through the process and stays there for ages. I don't think that it should take for so long (more than an hour). I've tried the 'test import' option under 'settings', but I faced the same problem.

Has any of you out there managed to make it work? Any suggestions?

It will be nice to make this programme to work for me, because it seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Please reply with suggestions!

Offline Alf

• Administrator
  • Special Member
  • Mein Name ist Shumway. Gordon Shumway.
    • Diabetikertagebuch
  • Diabetestyp: ---
  • Therapie: ---
Re: Problem with importing data from OneTouch Ultra
« Antwort #1 am: Juli 12, 2005, 09:05 »
Has any of you out there managed to make it work?
Of course we did! ;)

Due to the nature of serial communications there could be a lot of possible errors but at least the communication between your desktop computer and the meter has started so this seems to be the right way... ;)

I would like you to add this line to your sidiary.ini (using notepad.exe for example):
debug=1
You have to add this line to the section of your meter driver, which is [MeterDriver-One Touch Ultra]

After that please restart the import from meter and try cancelling the process when it seems to hang. Hopefully this will produce a data dump of all characters which were sent from your meter. It would be located in the meterdriver sub-folder and it's name would contain the word dump and a timestamp...
If you could email me this file, I would look into it to see what's going on...

Cheers, Alf.
DM 1, ICT mit Lantus/Humalog/Insuman Rapid, Freestyle Libre, SiDiary Win & Android
Diabetes Software, Windhorst, Helden der Kindheit